martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008


“The Rocking-Horse Winner" is a story that makes readers think a lot about certain topics such as: “richness”, money, competitiveness, “luck”, etc. When I was reading the story I could not believe how mad a person can go because of being so worried about money and luck. The woman ended up making his son go mad and then die. However, it seemed that she really did not care about it. I truly believe she was obsessed with “success”, maintaining a social status, and being lucky! Nevertheless, being lucky, for me, is not a synonym of money. You can be “lucky” and have love in your life, live happily, make friends, etc. I do not associate the word “luck” with “money”. Maybe at some point they are interrelated, but not always.
Unfortunately, the child got so mad about it, that he could not stop thinking about it. This is why it is so important to have and keep a good environment at home. By this I mean to have good energy, to be happy, not to be worried about social stuff, to be careful with the things we say in front of children. Children listen to everything and then they remember everything as well! That is why parents and adults in general must pay close attention to what they say, at least until children are a certain age in which they can decide, have their own ideas and opinions.

1 comentario:

Cris dijo...

It's a real shame the lack of self control and the obsession that the mother had herself and towards thier children about the "luck" issue. There might be people who behave that way, but not at the point to invlove others so much and make them mad about it.

I hadn't really thought about the importance of the children's role in this story. It's a tough world for them, I'm sure it is. Especially when they don't have a love base, as in this case.